- Varietal: 100% Merlot. Low yield vines.
- Vineyards: Our vineyard is located in Ejea de los Caballeros, near the top of a reservoir, about 400 m above sea level, in a well-aired place by the intense cierzo (north wind) that prevails in our region.
- Harvest method: Grapes are harvested at night to ensure the fruit aromas and acid are at their peak.
- Elaboration process: Cold temperature maceration between 6º and 9º C. Then is followed by a gentle pressure in order to obtain the best free-run juice that finish its fermentation at temperature about 25º to 28ºC.
- Ageing (months): aged for 9 months in French oak barrels and at least 6 months in bottle.
- Alcohol content: 14º vol.
- Colour: intense red blood color clean and bright with orange-shaded rim.
- Aroma: Intense aroma of low brush aromatic herbs and black and red berries, such as blueberry, blackberry and plum, as well as hints of truffle and nutmeg. Later it displays notes of prunes and spicy sweetmeats typical of its aging.
- Taste: tasty, intense, spicy and meaty, with a slight touch of freshness and unctuousness. Varietal wine with complex aromas mixed with the founded in the nose.
- Serving suggestion: suitable for stewed meats, smoked food and foie.